Scan 2018-5-11 10.52.23

Please refer to comments left at my previous post this morning.  There was an excellent post by a reader about this book, but you have to find his comments in the comment section of the post about David Metzger.

12 Comments on “Did this author of a novel called The Oakland County Child Killer (1980) have inside information or was he just good at guessing?”

1. Kay says:

I found David’s comment very interesting because I never knew about this book. What is your take on those theories? It sure would take an imagination to make that stuff up. Wishing you continued strength… You’re doing amazing work. Truth will prevail.

For some reason I can’t locate the article related to this OCCK novel. I’ve gone back and forth and tried the latest dates as seen on the right of the screen. please advise if you have time. Thanks

Of course it’s not on Amazon so it’s hard to comment on without a read.

4. Hi Catherine,

Just thought you’d like to know I messaged the facebook page of the Oakland County Sheriiff’s Dept. – Hey, What’s going on with the Oakland County Child Killer investigation?! The public wants to know!

Their response was polite but predictable: Nothing new unfortunately. We still have investigators assigned and should any new information develop we would add many more.

I guess that means they would add many more investigators if any new information develops.

My heart goes out to you, your family & all the other families that were affected by this tragedy. There really is no excuse why this hasn’t been solved yet, but hopefully with the Golden State Killer murders seemingly solved maybe just maybe that might give this case some traction.

/dr

5. Dylan Lighfoot says:

Was this the book where the author theorized that a disturbed university student was involved? I read that somewhere further down this blog (I think?) but can’t seem to find the reference now.

6. Kat says:

What are the chances that this is the same book published a year later in France? The title translated is Forgive my offenses. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=21879466905&searchurl=isbn%3D2070488306%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=msrp-_-msrpdesc-_-bdp

• Kat says:

Sorry I didn’t realize that text would go back to French. Here’s the English translation of the above text.
      Forgive me for your offenses
      Trad. of English (United States) by Jane Fillion

Black Series Collection (no. 1830), Gallimard
      Release date: 07-07-1981
      He was, in his own way, a child deemed innocent like other children. A good guy. A chic type, even. But the winter and the constant snow reminded him of intolerable memories that dated back to his early years. Then he had to take revenge on his former torturers, and he arrogated to himself the right to punish them. By children interposed. That he was killing.

7. Kat says:

Could this be him? A minister! There’s not alot of information on him. https://works.bepress.com/michael_parrott/5/