Forty-one years ago today.

My brother Tim’s body was found in a ditch along Gill Road on March 22, 1977, after six long days being held captive, raped and tortured.  I found this poem in a box of documents my Mother had saved.  It must have meant a lot to my Mom, because she saved it and surely it evoked very painful memories.  Andrea, thank you.

I also ran across an email from a dear friend, who passed away this year.  She was the kind of friend who sent me flowers in March, acknowledging the loss of Tim and the sadness of losing a sibling, a loss society generally ignores.  She ended this particular email (discussing a tip the police disregarded back in the day and again in 2011–and frankly, to this day) by saying “It takes a village to raise a child . . . it will take that same village to finally let him rest in peace.  I was part of that village.”  Thank you, Bridget.

9 Comments on “Forty-one years ago today.”

1. Jim Cain says:

Thank you for posting this Catherine. I am still part of that Village that has not rested.

2. Laura Hurst says:

Your brothers horrific death needs to be kept in the public eye for more than once a year….. I will never forget him and the other victims of this sadistic killer(s). My heartful sympathy on this sad day.

I’m part of the village.

4. marika zemke says:

Thank you. We haven’t forgotten

5. Donna Scariti says:

I think of you often Cathy! I miss seeing you each week in group – Hope all is well, and I’ll always admire you for your strength and resiliency. Love, Donna xoxo

6. Dale Droski says:

This case will continue to haunt me. Thinking of you and your family Cathy, with sincere condolences.

7. kathy caroselli says:

I remember the day they found your brother Cathy and although I didn’t know you or your family I could only imagine the anguish you were going through. I have carried your story in my heart all these years and I continue to be amazed at your strength and resolve to carry on this battle. I pray for you always. Xoxo

Sent from my iPad

8. ddR says:

Thinking of you and your family as another year goes by without answers.