Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story, on Netflix

From a reader:

I want to recommend a Netflix doc, ‘Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story.” Savile was an immensely popular celebrity, philanthropist, and friend of the Royal family. He was also a sexual predator, targeting girls and some boys, most of whom were ‘vulnerable,’ i.e., patients in the hospitals he championed, or the detention centers he raised money for. It’s also an account of how fame hid malice, and how eccentricity (a prized British trait) masked predation. Savile had the support of Royals, the Prime Minister, the media and the police, and all of them turned a blind eye to the many cues he dropped about what he was doing, and who he really was behind that ridiculous facade. It’s all very interesting, and a stark reminder that prestige and power can make facts disappear. A whole nation was groomed by Savile. I’m just sorry he died before he could be held accountable.

6 Comments on “Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story, on Netflix”

1. Cory Williams says:

What about the sexual predators working in the elementary schools in Washington State & Oregon. Wanting to talk 5 year olds about sexuality??? If a person has that desire, then they are Pedophiles!!!!

2. anne says:

I had no idea about this Jimmy dude until someone on another blog told me to research him. Bottom line, there are alot pedophiles and an overwhelming trend towards normalizing this appalling perversion.

• Emanon says:

There’s no trend towards normalizing pedophilia. You sound like a QAnon nut saying things like that.

• lisalink63 says:

You sure? I’m no QAnon nut but wiki is putting words like Hebephilia and Chronophilia out there. There are groups coming forward as MAPs (minor attracted persons). And the education system is trying justify discussing sexual topics with children. That alone is a big red flag to a parent. Teachers, postal workers, priests, coaches, should not be talking to kids about sex. Feels like grooming to me. There are plenty of horrific crimes against kids that started with “you can talk to me about this I’m your priest, coach, teacher…” . I’m with Anne and Cory on this one.

3. Anonymous says:

Emanon, you must live in a cave!!! Lol

4. bf0f says:

There is obviously a movement to sexualize young children and it you don’t see it, you’re not looking.