Unbelievable.

On June 19, 2012, reporter Kevin Dietz filed a FOIA request for “[a] copy of the Christopher Busch CSC file that we reviewed in your office on Monday, June 18, 2012.” Recall that then OCP Jessica Cooper had denied these documents to my dad in response to his FOIA request and ran him up and down the Oakland County judicial system and the Michigan appellate court system, who all played ball with Cooper. But hand these documents over to a reporter or two? Sure, why not. Cooper responded three days later that Mr. Dietz could have the requested documents, minus a “confidential case evaluation,” for a cost of $48.40. Subsequently, Cooper was required to provide these selectively pulled and illegally redacted documents to my dad. Last time I checked, redacting dates and signatures with white-out would seem to violate at least the spirit if not the letter of FOIA laws.

On October 15, 2012, Prosecutor Cooper’s chief deputy Paul Walton responded within five days to a FOIA request from Lori Brasier at the Detroit Free Press.

The response to the “forth” request is of particular interest. The OCP claims the only autopsy reports in the possession of the OCP are those of Mark, Jill and Tim. Weird, huh? This means that by this date, Jessica Cooper and Paul Walton had moved the many files in the OCCK case to the possession of the Oakland County Sheriff, where they sat, safe from any prying eyes or FOIA requests, until long after Cooper was voted out office. And you will see why they specifically wanted to keep eyes off of Kristine’s file when you read the documents below. The selective, illegally redacted documents provided in response to these two FOIA requests, pale in comparison to the hiding of the rest of the OCCK files and the probable shredding of documents in this case before Cooper left her perch for good.

I am so pissed after reading these documents. We don’t have Kristine’s autopsy info [that’s with our buddy Mike Bouchard] but we do have a brand new affidavit from liar forensics man David Metzger who has suddenly remembered what he forgot to note 34 years ago when he had the evidence from the Busch suicide right in front of him!! Wow, Paul, thanks for refreshing my recollection.

Take a look for yourself. “Nothing to see here,” right? And tell me it was just happenstance that the OCP claimed to have three of the kids’ autopsy protocols and notes, but not Kristine’s. The very case where L. Brooks Patterson assigned his assistant prosecutor Ed Sosnick to oversee the autopsy (when does that ever happen?) and where Brooksie brought in the flashy, but ultimately useless, magic fingerprint expert from Ottawa. So sickening. But not to worry, Patterson would shove this case off on the MSP as fast as he could once things got problematic. Like, another kid gets abducted and killed, problematic.

Check out m. 27, below. Motherfucking Dr. Robert “Don’t tell the Press” Sillery. Did every single person in authority Oakland County during that era have to be an utter POS?

12 Comments on “Unbelievable.”

1. cathybroad says:

More tomorrow. I can’t stand any more tonight.

In answer to your final question, apparently yes. And the tradition continues. Doc M27 pg 20 – no words. This is not bedtime reading.

These jokers need to figure out who that sperm belongs to and utilize the proffered genetic genealogy resources. They have developed a Y-str DNA sample from this autopsy kit. I’m surprised it wasn’t all “disappeared.”

• Inquisitor says:

Judi;
      You mean Doc M26 Pg 20? Yes that last sentence says it all !! Unbelievable!

3. Joe says:

I used to work in death care. The ONLY folks who should be in attendance at an autopsy are morgue staff and LE , if the are involved in the case. The fewer observers the better.

4. KP says:

I haven’t read all the documents but I’m still confused about the conflicting contents regarding semen and Kristine. Was there any or no, does anyone know? Has any reevaluation of prints ever been done or is that missing as well?

5. Kat says:

I’m not surprised to see Reuben Sturman’s name in file M21. I E-mailed you about him. i think the subject was Three Kings. I don’t think i mentioned his company Doc Johnson.

6. Inquisitor says:

While going thru the list of current and previous employees of Hartfield Lanes bowling alley in Doc M3, something comes to mind. As the circumstantial suspicions stacks a mile high on Hastings. (Especially the failed polygraph results from Georgia that the MSP has buried.) I would like to point out again that there is talk and even some undeniable proof that the Hastings family were very tightly tied to that bowling alley & Hartfield family in particular. This is even true after decades later. Now I wonder like many others if McNamee is the cop in uniform seen at the 7-11 store? Wish there was more of a description. Is the witness to the 7-11 store still alive?

• KP says:

Couple other thoughts…. Were the footprints in the snow ever compared between crime scenes? Was the sample from Mark’s throat ever processed? I’ve read stories that Jill was in the Hobby Shop but it sounds like patrons in the Hobby Shop that knew Jill saw her ride by on her bike.

I keep thinking about this… If Busch was the killer, no way was he the one to get the kids in the car. There was never a struggle that I know of so that implies a person of authority, or someone tricked the kids by saying someone in their family was hurt (or something), or it was a Gunnels type lure nobody would suspect. I can’t imagine a blatant grab in busy areas like that. Plus a small car could not fit Jill”s bicycle quickly and easily. I know there’s reports she stopped to get cigarettes at 15/Maple (not sure I believe it) but maybe the bike was left behind and someone unrelated stole it.

I sure wish someone could track down Gunnels. He’s the only person with a DNA connection. (Or Sloan given it was his car for Mark).

7. Emanon says:

A comment in M27, page 4 references a scene from an unnamed film that was playing locally at the time. Without a doubt that film was Pink Flamingos.

8. Joe says:

Most of the time you cannot find Mr. Gunnels on the Michigan corrections web site.

9. dts1017 says:

Shaking my head at Sillery contradicting himself. First he says she was dressed by someone, then later by herself