Now Airing on Hulu

Children of the Snow, a documentary about the Oakland County child murders and other instances of wide and horrific child abuse, starts airing on Hulu today. The documentary originally aired last February in four parts on the ID, Investigative Discovery Channel. Using J. Reuben Appelman’s 2018 book, The Kill Jar as a jumping off point, the documentary should reach a larger audience via Hulu.

A number of people contacted me to say they could not watch it, or started and could not finish. Please do not turn away. The sexual abuse and even torture and murder of children is allowed to continue when people stay silent and look away. When there is virtually no accountability in law enforcement for investigations which allow predators to walk. All victims deserve better and sexual predators and their protectors as yet not unmasked, should never feel safe and should always be looking over their shoulders. Your depravity cannot be allowed to expand in the darkness of silence.

Watch the documentary if you haven’t, and urge someone you know to watch it, too.

9 Comments on “Now Airing on Hulu”

1. Kerr, Vivian says:

Hi Cathy,

Elena is in Denver and she just messaged me a while ago that she was watching this. In Canada, I’m not sure how to get it. Tomorrow I’ll check and see if I can get Hulu.

We love you dear cousin.

Vicki

2. Joe M says:

It was painful, but I made it through. Somber as fuck afterwards. Told tons of people to set record. So sick.

Sent from my iPhone

3. weedbegone3468 says:

Just listened to the Crime Junkie podcast last night, and she did a good job with the story. I really hope someone out there one day will hear these details and it jogs their memory or gives someone strength to come forward with information. The more I learn about cover-ups done by LE at the highest levels, the more I’m beginning to understand how hard it is for truth to ever be transparent.

4. dryden48428 says:

I feel absolutely terrible that your brother family and the other kids and famlies went through what they did. Every time i pass by the 711 in Berkley i get a a cold feeling. I pray that justice is served. I am worried there was a cover up and it’s to late
    Closure needs to be had one way or another. I watched the special in February very sad and surreal. I give my absolute support prayers and strength to all

5. crimebuffy says:

I wish law enforcement would run a news segment on the Blue/Green Lemans with the 222 in the license plate & offer a cash reward. Why won’t the FBI release the composite sketches from Doug Wilson?(I bet it is because it will be as if Busch & Greene posed for the sketches. JRA’s book says Lourn Doan & Gary Gray say there is a paper trail that shows Greene was out of jail in 3/77 & CB’s hefty self in the shadows of a dark evening in a car, could easily be mistaken for a 55-60 year old man. In the book A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing LE says a psychic is the one who came up with the 222 in the license plate, yep, way to get around not following that legit tip, blame it on the psychic) The investigation has been so crooked throughout that I take the position that they didn’t have a DNA sample from Busch, maybe a relative but in the grand scheme how accurate is it?
    #hoping for JUSTICE

6. Mac Parsons says:

“Children of the Snow” is a wretched decent into absolute Hell. First, the secret underbelly of pedophilia occurring under the noses of everyone. Second, the kids begin to disappear. Others miraculously escape, just. Third, Fox Island is investigated concurrently, although no one connects the dots. Worse, the perps escape abroad. The murders mount and cops can’t stop it. Rumors fly. Anyone can be a monster. Fourth, a prime suspect, who managed to throw his polygraph, is found murdered, probably by a fellow predator well known to the suspect. Fifth, scared witnesses appear under camera to deliver their horror stories. Sebastian’s contribution is the most troubling. I didn’t realize his stories have holes, that’s a problem, but his description of his school interrogation and the brutality he accuses the cops of is extremely troubling. If true, it makes it appear that SOMEONE in law enforcement or gov’t is up to his neck in these murders. If Sebastian is telling the truth, that is the only reason that makes sense. Of all the passages of this case I’ve read and I admit it’s not much, his testimony frightens me the most.

I think this case will be cracked because it’s very possible nuclear DNA can be excised. Busch, Sloane, Greene, Lamborgine NO DOUBT were directly involved. Any number of kids were used to attract others to those cars, themselves abuse victims. I cannot guess how large these rings were or are, but this doc is a huge wake up call. We have to better work with host countries who allow these suspects cover and extradite them back here to face the families of the murdered.

A truly frightening, well-made film.

7. Rob says:

Children of the snow is also available on Amazon prime if you don’t have Hulu.