So now you have seen all of the FOIA documents I have seen. I previously posted the FOIA documents received from the MSP concerning the investigation into Frank Shelden and Gerald Richards and N. Fox Island. https://catherinebroad.blog/2019/12/12/north-fox-island-pedophile-ring/
The MSP file is small, but the case journal shows that someone was checking on the case at yearly intervals to consider trying to extradite Shelden. There had to be an extensive FBI file on Shelden. In the MSP file pages most, but not all, of the “client” names were redacted. A couple got missed and there is one guy who stands out from Quebec as matching the last name of a retired Detroit police officer. At least two victims’ names were not redacted in those particular files and that’s why I tried my hardest not to post anything that had slipped through the official redaction process. It is easy to miss a name here or a reference there. It really is.
As you will recall, a FOIA request to the FBI for documents concerning Christopher Busch and Frank Shelden/N. Fox Island was answered with the “destroyed in a catastrophic flood” at one of their retention facilities excuse. Both subjects were deceased, so had it not been for the flood . . .
Here’s what happened when then reporter Marney Keenan attempted to get FOIA documents from the FBI concerning the hypnotizing and interrogating of witness Doug Wilson.
They provided 12 of 130 pages. I have not seen these pages, and the MSP FOIA response does address the basic information provided by Mr. Wilson and he spoke directly with my Dad. The rest of the pages were withheld by the FBI under the “reasonably expected to interfere with law enforcement proceedings exemption.” Oh, and records that “may have been responsive to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request were destroyed on (July 10, 2009).” Thirty-two year old records just happened to be up for destruction after Cory Williams started digging deeper into the OCCK case. Guess 32 is the magic number for cycling into the shredder.
So when someone tells me to call the FBI, I really don’t think that would be worth anyone’s time, do you? “Reasonably expected to interfere with law enforcement proceedings.” That is laughable and indefensible.
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OAKLAND COUNTY CHILD KILLINGS, POSSIBLE COVER UPS IN THIS CASE, MISHANDLING BY LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR ANY RELATED CRIMES OR INDIVIDUALS, CALL THE TIP LINE AT 833-784-9425. If you are ignored, post here.
This is the last part of this series of posts about how the OCCK case got resurrected (really resurrected) in 2005 when the late pedophile and murderer Richard Lawson starting talking to Livonia PD Det. Cory Williams. This will take you to 2008. There is a lot here.
For now I will leave it at that, with just the few following observations:
1. The level of work done by then Livonia Detective Cory Williams and Wayne County is off the charts. Thinking outside of the box. Pushing for some semblance of justice in these abandoned cases.
2. Who was protecting kids back in the 1970s? Apparently no one. They were being thrown to the wolves.
3. It is so hard to realize any humanity in the pedophiles and liars in these pages. It is just asking too much.
4. How much have actions by the Oakland County prosecutors office, past and present, thwarted or impeded this investigation and why?
4. A book is due out in the fall of 2020 and hopefully some of these people and all of these issues will be discussed in greater depth. As soon as I know anything about the release date, I will post all the information.
5. Other media works are in progress. The Universe wants these crimes solved.