CommentsPosted: June 16, 2013
I’ve gotten a few questions lately about comments to my posts. Here are the Q & A’s:
1. Do I post all comments? No. If the comment is off-the-charts wacky, hacks on another poster by name, or is too reminiscent of freak shows I have viewed on other sites, it’s going in the spam folder.
2. Why? Life is too short.
3. Will I post comments from people who disagree with me? Yes.
4. Are some posters blocked from commenting? Yes. See #1 and #2, above.
5. What if I want to comment, but not have the comment posted? Start off your comment with : PLEASE DO NOT POST. Or, the more direct: DON’T POST.
6. Other reasons for not posting? Sometimes, given the time of night the comment is made and the nature of it, I use my discretion to spare all involved, and don’t post. If I didn’t post your comment and you want it posted or want to know why I didn’t post it, contact me and give me your email so I can respond.
6. What about regrets? If you’ve had a few (and who hasn’t?), or just decide you later want your post taken down, send me another comment and simply ask that the post be removed. I get it.