“Is everyone in the criminal justice system a fucking piece of shit?”

This question is really not rhetorical, and comes from the end of an email I received over six years ago. I am showing it to you because I think the author of the email makes some important points. It highlights the lying that has gone on at every possible turn in this case. It is the writer’s opinion, but it is not at all outside the realm of possibility. Not at all. And, no, I won’t say who the author is. Sorry. Like I said, it’s an OPINION. But stranger shit has happened, don’t you agree?

A little background on the content of the email. Jane Burgess was the attorney who represented admitted pedophile Chris Busch on numerous Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Minor cases around the State of Michigan in the months leading up to his “suicide.” A suicide that, you will recall, involved a shot between the eyes while Busch was in bed with his arms under the covers. Not kidding. Pretty talented guy.

Jane Burgess died in the 1990’s. She practiced law with her husband, Larry Burgess. Larry Burgess was interviewed by Det. Cory Williams after the Busch information came to light. A copy of the transcript of that interview was provided in the FOIA documents my Dad received. Larry Burgess now practices law with his son, David. Last I checked, they shared office space with James Feinberg, who represented Larry Wasser, a polygrapher, in his efforts to keep law enforcement in the dark about what he told Patrick Coffey, another polygrapher, about this case in 2006. For a refresher on how we got here, see:

and a link to a letter I wrote to Monthly Detroit after they ran an article about this mess, and Wasser’s attorney responded with a bunch of lies:

Here is the email–

2019-10-29_120208

Ask yourself if you saw this shit happening in real time, how easy it would be to give up hope of any decency, let alone answers, in this case.

Here is another helpful overview of how we learned of Larry Wasser and Chris Busch:

The Oakland County Child Killer, Part Three: The Kings’ Discovery

Rather than end this post with the question of whether everyone in the criminal justice system is a piece of shit, I took heart in the words at the end of his Part Three:

The identity of the Oakland County Child killer remains a mystery that may never be solved. However, his killing spree will never be forgotten. In a world filled with malevolence, the only true way to destroy evil is to stick together and not lose hope. If this can be achieved, maybe atrocities like the Oakland County murders can be prevented.

13 Comments on ““Is everyone in the criminal justice system a fucking piece of shit?””

Larry Burgess is still practicing law? Okay, there’s NO WAY his wife didn’t tell him what she learned. At this “jucshuh” he needs to tell the world. You, Cathy , come from a family of lawyers. You know what they say about lawyers. And THIS GUY, with his lips sealed shut, is why such things are said.
    Larry Burgess, it’s way past time to talk about it, confidentiality crap be damned.

I just read the article you linked here, by Eitan Shere. He says Jessica Cooper “keeps” on explaining to your dad why Busch can’t have been the killer. I challenged him to explain “what” it is she keeps explaining to your dear Dad.
    Does anybody know what he means?

“If he wants to believe Chris Busch was the killer, he certainly can.” She, through her assistant, didn’t tell my Dad shit about why Busch can’t be the killer. Just that a dead man can’t be charged. No kidding.

3. jkaneh says:

After doing jury duty today my belief remains our justice system is really messed up.

Jessie

4. Adrian Millane says:

I remain puzzled at the outer disinterest that has followed my discovery of the connection between a catholic priest and Frank Shelden Who I have photos of in an orphanage in India with the priest. Both of these men lived in close proximity to each other and to the scenes of the Oakland County child killings in prior years before the killings. I have a tip off of at least one child Buried illegally possibly as a result of shameful neglect or hunger but if so why hide the death and burial in a place where bodies lie in the streets at times ignored

This child was the victim of some sort of crime. Frank Sheldon and John Thwaytes but also Frits Bernard and other international paedophiles we are meeting at this orphanage to screw children. I have victim testimony and I have photographs of them at this place.

I have an eyewitness to the priest nearly murdering a man in front of his eyes one day. Only by that witness man’s intervention The priest was stopped from bashing the unconscious head against the concrete floor

This priest had fantasies in his diary involving violence and sex in a ritualised way And his long standing direct connections to Detroit over many years, including the fact that he emerged from the Maryglade Seminary Where are the paedophiles have been identified, must surely make him at the least a person of interest.

But I have been able to get no interest from anyone in this matter.

5. Mac Parsons says:

More historical weirdness. I didn’t bother to read the whole thing yet. Eccch.

So many monsters. And sexual blackmail is relevant here when you consider that these pedophiles no doubt took photos of their victims and then threatened to show their family, etc., if they talked. This would be especially relevant with older victims that were then uses as lures for younger kids.

6. MS says:

In 1 of the above articles from 2018 this says:

“He believes that he has found the killer,” she explained. “We’ve explained to him why the person who he’s chosen is not.” Cooper also said that they’d prefer to focus on a living suspect. “…even if we could prove it, we couldn’t prosecute it,” she said. King still thinks that the killer’s identity is out there somewhere..

This is maddening to me and again Ms Broad I wish we all could help you more to find the truth and the proper answers.
    I keep reading and re-reading her statement…

Why would you NOT want to find the truth and tell these families who the killer was?
    It does not matter if you cannot prosecute him anymore, for whatever illogical reasons you have, I don’t see the connection with your analogy in that statement in that article, and also your smugness and aloofness regarding this horrible crime makes it real suspect you know more than you are saying.
    How do you sleep at night Ms. Cooper?
    Take care Ms. Broad,I continue to hope you find the truth.

Thanks, MS. And just to be clear. “We’ve explained to him why the person he’s chosen is not [the killer]” is a LIE. She sent her horrid #2 to talk to my Dad, his attorney and my brother. Jessica would never in a million years sit down with a victim’s family member. Her assistant said, after multiple questions, that no, Busch could not be ruled out–that no one could be ruled out. And her use of words demonstrates how awful she is–the person HE HAS CHOSEN to be the killer–give me a break you old, tired, cruel, petty public employee.

7. MS says:

i read that as well and I agree with you totally. She is unfortunately what seems to be the norm at times, a person in power who becomes delusional with their power and will not take a look at the situation as a whole…only their way, with horrible consequences…and your family as well as those other kids families are all suffering.
    Her verbiage with decision making(or lack of) is so suspect as well..
    She is sick and vindictive for reasons unknown , other than she needs to WIN at all cost…in her feeble mind.
    I don’t get this at all, it’s wrong and she works for the people. I am not sure what that means anymore.